Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
In this episode of the NREI Weekender Podcast, by Informa, NREIOnline.com, David Bodamer highlights the hot stories of this past week. With a common theme this week: “sharing spaces,” David and co-host, Aric Johnson, talk about roommates, businesses, employees, and the levels to which they are all trying to combat the rising costs in rent.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What part of the world saw the largest rise in office rental costs at 24.7%!
- Why co-living, which is essentially student housing for adults, is now one of the hottest trends in apartment investing
- How mall landlords are benefitting from retail space sharing and which businesses are opting for this arrangement
- How competition in the co-working sector is creating opportunities for companies to choose the perfect space with new amenities such as gyms, coffee shops, and even whiskey lounges
- What’s happening with Non-Traded REITs: an increased focus on improving transparency and reporting while reducing heavy fee structures
Tune in now to get your dose of this week’s hot stories!
Resources: National Real Estate Investor
Read the Full Stories:
- 25 Most Expensive Office Markets
- Co-living and Student Housing Collide as People Struggle to Afford Rent in the Expensive Urban Market
- Mall Landlords Can Benefit from Retail Space Sharing
- Flexible Office Space Operators Focus on Add-On Services to Develop New Revenue Streams
- New Best Practices Spur Fundraising for Non-Traded REITs