During 2021, the importance of technology has become more apparent than ever. Understanding the technology industry can really help business professionals to not only make better decisions for their company, but also stay on top of advancements and new products.
In this episode, David Bodamer speaks with Colin Yasukochi, executive director of CBRE Tech Insight Center, about the 2021 Scoring Tech Talent report. The report is a labor market analysis focusing on 50 US and Canadian markets, and targeted to technology workers across all industries.
David and Colin discuss:
- A brief history and explanation of what the report is
- The best places to run your business, looking at both high-quality and low-cost options
- Some major changes in the industry, such as the increase in job availability in some surprising areas
- How the pandemic has affected the industry
- A close look at diversity distribution in the industry and who is currently being underrepresented
- And more
Connect With Colin Yasukochi:
- United States Commercial Real Estate Services | CBRE
- Colin Yasukochi | CBRE
- Colin Yasukochi | LinkedIn
- CBRE: Overview | LinkedIn
- Colin Yasukochi (@colinyasukochi) / Twitter
- 1 415 772 0190
Connect With David Bodamer:
- David Bodamer | LinkedIn
- David Bodamer (@DavidBodamer) / Twitter
- Home (informa.com)
About Our Guest:
Colin Yasukochi, for over 20 years, has specialized in strategic research and advisory services for commercial real estate, providing insight that reveals opportunities and guides decision making. He currently serves as CBRE’s Executive Director of its newly formed Tech Insights Center, based in San Francisco, CA.
Backed by Colin’s leadership, the CBRE Tech Insights Center provides thoughtful real estate perspectives on the ever-evolving tech sector in the United States. As a pioneer in tech industry research in commercial real estate, Colin has been the lead author of CBRE’s tech-focused thought leadership pieces—including Scoring Tech Talent and Tech-30.
Colin has a distinct perspective of the business and is recognized as a leading real estate market expert through years of experience in analyzing market trends and economics.